Friday 8 November 2013

Sunrise House Restaurant - Toronto

Date of visit: Wednesday, 30 October 2013



It's crazy considering how close the campus is to Koreatown and I have never visited. So when my friend suggested we head to K-Town for lunch, I couldn't say no! I'd picked Sunrise House Restaurant after discovering it (and drooling over geotagged photos) on Instagram. It turned out one of the Korean friends in our group had been there before. She said it was good, so good it must be?



Each item on the menu ranges from $6 - $9 (apart from a few pricier options) and there are LOTS to choose from. It took us more than a while to decide what to order.



Bright green walls! Woke me up after a morning of boring lectures.



Banchan (side dishes), my favourites are miyeok muchim (seaweed) and japchae (sweet potato noodles). I asked for a refill... and contemplated to ask again...



I had the Bulgogi Bibimbap. There was so much rice and veggies I could barely finish. It was really tasty as well, with the red pepper paste. I enjoyed every mouthful of this spicy veggie rice goodness.



We also ordered a Kimchi Seafood Pancake to share. So much seafood and vegs hiding under the crispy batter. I thought it tasted quite different from the kimchi pancakes I'm used to, but it was still good.



Table full of yum yum~ My friends found their meals very enjoyable too, even if the kam ja tang (pork bone stew with a mountain of bean sprouts) was a bit bland.



Free candies!


Rating: 4/5

Food: Unfortunately my mum doesn't cook, or I can use the phrase cooking that 'tastes just like mum's' because supposedly that means really good comfort food? Bonus points for being a no-MSG restaurant!

Environment: Cosy home-style restaurant with only 5 - 6 tables. It's so tiny that I was amazed by how fast the kitchen could churn out our dishes.

Service: It's a small restaurant so there was only one waitress. She was friendly and reminded us that we could always ask if we wanted more side dishes!

Price: Came in a little bit more than $9 pp. I definitely was willing to pay more for what we had!


Sunrise House Restaurant
661 Bloor Street West
Toronto, ON
M6G 1L1
Canada

Facebook

4 comments:

  1. theres a koreatown in toronto so good!!
    and it's so cheap! whole table of food is just $9 and unlimited side dishes lol
    and the dishes really look very delicious, esp even korean said its good then it must be good haha
    jealous of you!
    (commenting while having my "dinner"...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. careless konny11/08/2013 12:54 am

    sorry i meant $9/person lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's really cheap actually xd

    ReplyDelete
  4. chur theo, visiting the blog during lecture11/21/2013 2:40 pm

    i hate to say this but.... nomnomnom T_T
    btw love how detailed this blog is! add oil flor!

    ReplyDelete